1. What drew you to medicine?
It sounds funny but I always wanted to be a doctor growing up. It is so rewarding to help people feel better! Being a doctor also opens door for you in so many ways and I am thankful for being able to do so many things in medicine, outside of seeing patients.
2. What are your passions outside of work?
I love to read, but unfortunately, I do not read as much as I like. I love watching my kids play sports and growing up to be amazing human beings. Lastly, I enjoy following my favorite sports teams- The Cowboys, Lakers, Mavericks, and the USC Trojans.
3. What was the last TV show you binge-watched?
4. What do you do to relax?
I try to sleep when I can. And exercise does relax me as well. Lastly, binging some shows or watching movies with my wife and/or kids.
5. What makes North Texas Allergy and Asthma Associates special in your opinion?
We care about our patients and do what is right for those who entrust their care with us. We also strive to take care of the people that choose to work here. We call it our “work family” and hope it extends to our patients.
6. What do you enjoy most about being a doctor?
I most enjoy talking to people. I am in a unique position to be able to talk to people day and to make them feel better and share something about themselves. My patients have such a varied background that I learn many things about this world and life just by spending some time with each one. I am fortunate to have been practicing for 20 years and I have built some great relationships with my patients.
7. Do you have any allergies?
Yes, and have done allergy shots as well.
8. What is the best advice you have ever received?
If you never try, then you will never achieve. Nothing in life is easy, you have to work for what you want.
9. If you could have a conversation with any person or character who would it be and why?
It would have to be my paternal grandfather or maternal grandmother. I never had the chance to meet them. I would want to know what they are like and what wisdom they could give me. I would also say Gandhi, but that is more just to be in awe of him. I can already read about his teachings and life, but just to meet him would be awesome.
10. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Pizza and paneer tikka masala.