1. What drew you to medicine?
Medicine is a perfect combination of science, research, and personal interactions that has the ability to make an enormous impact and improvement on a patient’s life. After witnessing multiple cases personally, I decided that medicine was the field for me.
2. What are your passions outside of work?
Outside of work, I like to garden, watch movies, sing, and spend time with my family.
3. What was the last TV show you binge-watched?
I last binge-watched Game of Thrones. I heard so much about it and finally got around to watching this show. I thought it was an amazing show..until the end.
4. What do you do to relax?
I usually try to sleep. I have in the past used meditation as a means of relaxation.
5. What makes North Texas Allergy and Asthma Associates special in your opinion?
What stands out most to me is the collegiality of the people, including physicians and non-physicians, in the practice.
6. What do you enjoy most about being a doctor?
I enjoy helping patients by managing their medical conditions. I try my very best to piece together various parts of a patient’s story to try to identify an underlying unifying diagnosis.
7. Do you have any allergies?
Yes, in fact, I do have allergies. I have environmental allergies and food allergies to chickpeas.
8. What is the best advice you have ever received?
Worrying never helps you find a solution.
9. If you could have a conversation with any person or character who would it be and why?
I would like to meet my paternal great-grandmother. I never had the chance to meet her, but I have heard that she was a very strong woman that had to overcome significant obstacles. I would like to meet her to see what she could teach me today.
I would also want to have a conversation with Wonder Woman so that I could hear about all the adventures and accomplishments she has had in her life.
10. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
I do not think I could only eat one food for the rest of my life. I crave variety in my diet, so one food would never really work for me.