Doctor’s Q & A
1. What drew you to medicine?
Medicine is truly a unique and wonderful field that encompasses lifelong learning, problem-solving, and the ability to impact a person’s life. I was initially drawn to medicine for all of these reasons. I was also very fortunate to have a wonderful mentor who encouraged my interest!
2. What are your passions outside of work?
Outside of work I enjoy trying new restaurants and exploring new cuisines with my husband. I also like to travel. Last but definitely not least, I grew up horseback riding and will always consider this a passion of mine.
3. Who would you consider to be your role model and why?
My parents and two sisters are definitely my role models. They have all emulated the virtues of hard work, dedication, perseverance, and kindness.
4. What was the last TV show you binge-watched?
5. What do you do to relax?
I’m a homebody so my version of relaxing involves having zero plans. I also enjoy reading or getting outdoors to unwind.
6. What do you enjoy the most about being a doctor?
The best part by far is the ability to positively impact someone’s life. I enjoy talking to my patients, helping them better understand their condition, and jointly deciding upon the best treatment option.
7. Do you have any allergies?
I actually don’t have any allergies. As an allergist I always get asked this question!
8. What is the best advice you have ever received?
To trust in yourself
9. If you could have a conversation with any person or character who would it be and why?
I would love to have a conversation with Neil deGrasse Tyson. I don’t know anything about astrophysics but I think it would be incredible to learn even a snippet and broaden my horizons.
I would also love to have a conversation with Hermione Granger. She was brilliant, calm in stressful situations, and had some amazing adventures at Hogwarts.
10. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
This one is difficult because I love all food but, if I have to choose, I would pick tacos.