1. What drew you to medicine?
Growing up, I would listen to my mother tell me stories from her day at work as an ICU nurse. I was fascinated by the world of medicine from a young age and knew I wanted to impact the lives of others by engaging in problem solving and building relationships with my patients.
2. What are your passions outside of work?
I’ll admit, I am a self-proclaimed foodie so enjoy learning about other cultures through their cuisines. My husband and I enjoy traveling and have a dream of one day being on the amazing race!
3. Who would you consider to be your role model and why?
My mother because she made several sacrifices to help me get to where I am today. She instilled into me that hard work and treating those around me with respect would help me get further than anything else.
4. What was the last TV show you binge-watched?
Currently watching Mare of Easttown. Who doesn’t love some small-town drama?
5. What do you do to relax?
I have a brand new baby, so my idea of unwinding these days is enjoying quiet time with my family or being able to complete a work out in its entirety.
6. What do you enjoy most about being a doctor?
I love helping patients understand their disease process and taking time to come up with a treatment plan that will work best for them. As an Allergist, it’s so fulfilling to see patients have an improvement in their symptoms at their follow up!
7. Do you have any allergies?
I suffer from seasonal allergies, so understand how miserable allergies can make a person in their day-to-day life.
8. What is the best advice you have ever received?
No matter how educated, talented, rich or popular you believe you are, how you treat people ultimately tells all. Integrity is everything.
9. If you could have a conversation with any person or character who would it be and why?
Marie Curie because her discoveries launched cures for cancer and her contributions to science are extraordinary. She is such an inspiration for females in science.
10. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
This has to be my favorite question. Definitely Texas style Brisket. Nothing in the world compares—and I’ve tried a lot.