1. What drew you to medicine?
I went on a mission trip to Honduras when I was younger and we stayed in the small town hospital. It was only used when doctors from different countries would travel to the area and care for the patients in this small town but otherwise these people were unable to access medical care. From that moment I knew that I wanted to be a medical provider. One who would be willing to go to any length to take care of my patients.
2. What are your passions outside of work?
I was a gymnast before and during my college years so that will always be a passion of mine (Boomer Sooner)! I also have always enjoyed dancing and watching football on the weekends!
3. What was the last TV show you binge-watched?
Hart of Dixie, Virgin River, or Grey’s Anatomy
4. What do you do to relax?
I love going dancing with my family and friends. My husband and I also enjoy sailing together when we get the time as well.
5. What makes North Texas Allergy and Asthma Associates special in your opinion?
While I was pursuing my dream of becoming a medical provider, NTxAAA gave me a chance, in the role of MA, as I helped care for patients before school. Not only was this my job, the people here became my family. As I left for school to pursue my dream of becoming a PA, I never lost contact with the staff here. No matter which office I have worked in, I have always felt at home here.
6. What do you enjoy most about being a Physician’s Assistant?
I have always loved how, as a PA, I get to work with a team to best treat my patients. I love working with my patients to help them further understand their diagnosis and treatment plans.
7. Do you have any allergies?
Of course! I have always had seasonal allergies!
8. What is the best advice you have ever received?
Never let anyone tell you to stop pursuing your dreams.
9. If you could have a conversation with any person or character who would it be and why?
Chip and Joanna Gaines! I have always loved their show and I wish I could pick Joanna’s brain for interior design help in my house!
10. If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Salad because not only is it healthy but it can have so much variety depending on how you make it!